Join Our Team
Volunteer to be our Summer Camp Mentor!
Type: Volunteer position
Term: July - August
We are looking for reliable and enthusiastic volunteers to become Camp Mentors in our Summer Coding Camps!
You'll be helping kids ages 7 to 10 learn about the fascinating world of electronics and code. The camps run Monday through Friday from 9am-4pm. Check out the dates & locations below!
- July 15-19 @ Create Art Studio, 1801 Danforth Ave.
- July 22-26 @ Locus Big Kids, 1386 Gerrard St. E.
- August 12-16 @ Create Art Studio, 1801 Danforth Ave.
- August 19-23 @ Locus Big Kids, 1386 Gerrard St. E.
Here's what you'd be doing!
- Supporting our Lead Educator who runs the coding camp lessons and activities
- Assisting with the check-in and check-out of campers
- Know the camp materials to help effectively answer questions from campers. We will train you at the start of camp!
- Maintaining safe learning environments for the campers by making sure the space is organized and everyone is using their tools in the correct manner
- Collecting kids feedback and reporting to the Lead Educator
- Troubleshooting technical issues during coding lessons and other STEAM activities that are planned for the week
Do you have these skills?
- Experience and comfort engaging with kids age 7-10
- Caring, reliable, punctual, and attentive
- Curious about technologies, maker culture, and STEAM education
- Little Robot Friends t-shirt, pin, and other swags
- You may get to help test our new products
Volunteers will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check from the Toronto Police Service. Little Robot Friends will assist in this process.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about your experience and availability!
Are you interested in being a part of what we do? Are you a student who needs volunteer hours? Throughout the years, we have volunteer opportunities come up now and again, here are some examples:
Educator support: Support the lead educator in our workshops and camps. You’ll be helping kids learn and making sure they’re having a great time.
Production support: Lending a hand in our studio with production, it could be soldering, sorting inventory, packing boxes. We do lots of things in house and can always use a hand!
Event support: Do you like talking to people? We run a lot of vendor tables throughout the years at interesting events around Toronto, you'll help us spread robot love in the GTA!
Working with us
We are a team of designers and makers who are passionate about changing the way our kids learn, making difficult content fun and engaging while being educational.
We are a laid back but highly skilled group that focuses on results and innovation. We are parents and creators and understand that the best work doesn’t always happen tied to your desk - Monday – Friday 9-5.
We offer a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment, flexible working hours, and easily located on the subway line in relaxed Toronto east-end neighborhood.
Little Robot Friends is committed to building a safe and diverse workplace and we encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply, including immigrants / refugees, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women.